That old song by Barenaked Ladies from their Stunt album released in 1998 is running through my head today as I note the one week mark since I was laid off from my job. In some ways the week went very fast and in others…it was painfully slow.
Things I’ve accomplished over the last seven days whilst being confined (mostly) to the home quarters:
- Showered and put on deodorant daily
- Vacuumed (once – still counts!)
- Washed dishes (more than once!)
- Put on a dress shirt (twice) for video job interviews
- Sketched and painted a picture for the first time in five years
- Posted on my blog
- Ate a healthy breakfast each day (not necessarily in the morning time)
One thing I have learned from my time off is that I need to go back to work soon. Why? Because if I go too much longer here unsupervised, I will gain a significant amount of weight which will require that I purchase new work clothes. Additionally, I am finding waaaaay too many things that I ‘need‘ on Amazon.com and ebay.com in varying genres.
Hopefully everyone is using this time to catch up on the Chuck & Dave Podcast hosted on Soundcloud under The Freak Show Podcast site.
Everyone stay safe, sane and sanitary out there!